- EIG Monthly Newsletter October 2016: October 2016 Newsletter ...read more
- EIG September News: September 2016 Newsletter ...read more
- Auction Data for May 2016 Double-digit growth when comparing May 2016 with May 2015: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics May 2016 ...read more
- Advice on Stamp Duty Land Tax In Northern Ireland: Stamp Duty Land Tax is a percentage paid on the purchase of a home or non-residential property to th...read more
- Auction Data for November 2015: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics November 2015 ...read more
- EIG Monthly Newsletter November 2015: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics October 2015 ...read more
- Massive rise in Northern Ireland prices forecast by industry experts: They are also predicted to rise by 6% in the UK in the same period, according to the Royal Institut...read more
- EIG Monthly Newsletter September 2015: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics August 2015 ...read more
- Property auction market returns to growth!: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics June 2015 ...read more
- House prices rise by 7.5% in Northern Ireland in 12 months, according to ONS report: House prices rise by 7.5% in Northern Ireland in 12 months, according to ONS reportBy Vicky ShawPUBL...read more
- Auction Data for April 2015: Auction Data for April 2015 Difficulty reading the figures? The figures be...read more
- Auction Data For March 2015 - 23/03/2015: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics February 2015 ...read more
- Auction Data for January 2015: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics January 2015 ...read more
- EIG Monthly Newsletter January 2015: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics December 2014 ...read more
- Auction Data for November 2014: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics November 2014 ...read more
- Auction Data for October 2014: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics October 2014 ...read more
- How to succeed in the auction room: After the most buoyant quarter of house sales since records began, a sense of realism is setting inD...read more
- EIG Monthly Newsletter October 2014: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics September 2014 ...read more
- BRG Gibson Auctions - EIG Monthly Newsletter September 2014: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics August 2014 ...read more
- Auction Data for July 2014: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics July 2014 ...read more
- Monthly News: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics June 2014 ...read more
- EIG Monthly Newsletter June 2014: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics May 2014 ...read more
- 68000 Northern Ireland homeowners in negative equity: 68000 Northern Ireland homeowners in negative equityNegative equity remains a large problem for home...read more
- Going once, going twice... Sold!: In an article in the London Times recently it was reported that the words “Going once, going t...read more
- Strong set of results, as over £400 million was raised across 128 UK auctions - a huge increase of 50% on March 2013: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics March 2014 ...read more
- Surge in auctions continues!: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics February 2014 ...read more
- Auction Data for January 2014: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics January 2014 ...read more
- BRG Gibson Auctions, Rated Top Regional Auction House in Northern Ireland for a 2nd Year by Estate Gazette!!! : Estate Gazettes Auctions: Regional Round-UP: Lots Of Good News In 2014 February EditionThere is a lo...read more
- Homes Under the Hammer return to Belfast for BRG Gibson Auction 4th Feb Property Auction : Homes Under the Hammer return to Belfast for BRG Gibson Auction 4th Feb Property Auction BR...read more
- Year-end property auction newsletter shows rising sales and increased revenues: Monthly News Update Overall Statistics December 2013 ...read more
- Auction Activity 2013: This is the content of the Essential Information Group’s first newsletter of 2014, which looks...read more
- Partner Agents/Joint Agency Opportunities: BRG Gibson Auctions welcomes instructions from estate agents who have suitable properties on their b...read more
- Current Vacancies: Join us and become part of BRG Gibson Auction TeamCorporate Services CoordinatorCommercial Senior Sa...read more
- BRG Gibson Auctions TO BE A TV HIT! Homes Under the Hammer!!!: BRG Gibson Auctions TO BE A TV HIT! Homes Under the Hammer!!! Lion TV Scotland, Homes Under...read more
- Property auctions record all-time highs in October!: Essential Auction News Welcome to the November newsletter that looks back at ...read more
- Essential Auction News: Essential Auction News Welcome to the October newsletter that looks back at ...read more
- Ten years until Price Recovery.: The consultancy firm Price Waterhouse Coopers have warned that it may take more than a decade f...read more
- Property auction market continues to grow: Essential Auction NewsWelcome to the September newsletter that looks back at property auction acti...read more
- Average House Prices rising in N. Ireland: The price balance of the latest RICS and Ulster Bank Housing Market Survey for Northern Ireland was ...read more
- Estates Gazette Top regional auction houses for H1 2013 by amount raised: Property auctions in Northern Ireland recorded the largest regional growth in the first half of 2013...read more
- : Auctions have acquired a reputation as a place where banks cleared bankrupt stock, but a recent arti...read more
- Activity in the N Ireland market in the 1st Quarter 2013: The three-month period to the end of March 2013 was the first since the summer of 2007 in which Nort...read more
- Craigavon most effected area in the UK by drop in House Prices. First Time Home Buyers at 5 Year High.: Towards the end of December last year it was reported that the average cost of a home in Craigavon w...read more
- Housing Market Survey and Annual Auction Results.: The most recent Northern Ireland housing market survey produced by the Ulster Bank and the Northern ...read more
- National Auction Analysis EIG: National Auction Analysis As expected, the residential market witnessed large increas...read more
- Investors Buying NOW While House Prices Hit Low!: House prices are still falling in Northern Ireland according to the latest RICS (Royal Institut...read more
- N. I. House prices fall greatest in U.K.: Helen Carson, who writes on property related matters in the Belfast Telegraph wrote in the paper on ...read more
- Housing Market Downturn is now five years old.: According to the latest RICS and Ulster Bank Housing Market Survey for July 2012.Norther...read more
- Current Market Conditions and Let the Buyer Beware: The price balance of the latest RICS and Ulster Bank Housing Market Survey recorded its lowest readi...read more
- RICS and Ulster Bank Housing Market Survey: We are on the eve of our next auction, to be held at the Stormont Hotel on the Tuesday the 8th May. ...read more
- March Auction 2012: Hot on the heels of their previous very successful auction held at the Stormont Hotel, Upper Newto...read more
- 2 Feb 2012 - Mustbesold.com & BRG Gibson Auctions: BRG Gibson Auctions AnnounceOn the 2nd of February 2012 at the Stormont Hotel Belfast, there will be...read more
RICS and Ulster Bank Housing Market Survey
We are on the eve of our next auction, to be held at the Stormont Hotel on the Tuesday the 8th May. Spring is here and there are signs that the season is having some positive impact on the thinking of potential buyers. Anecdotally Estate Agents say that there is a slight increase both in their stock and in the number of sales being agreed. This appears to be confirmed by the latest RICS and Ulster Bank Housing Market Survey, according to which some improvements were evident in the NI housing market in March,
The latest survey indicates that the data for transaction volumes and transaction expectations remain firmly in positive territory, reflecting seasonal factors. There have also been increases in enquiries and new instructions, according to those responding to the survey.
However, surveyors are still reporting falling prices, and the balance of respondents expect prices to fall in the months ahead.
2011 saw a third consecutive year of increasing first-time buyer mortgage completions in Northern Ireland, and Ulster Bank has experienced further increases in first-time buyer interest since the beginning of 2012.
Encouragingly, they are also currently seeing rising demand from other mortgage borrowers, including re-mortgagers and home movers, who have been responding to the current campaign which offers competitive rates and no arrangement fees for a period.
Derek Wilson, Head of Lending Products, Ulster Bank says:-
“The dramatic improvements in affordability in the Northern Ireland housing market since 2007 have been highlighted by a range of surveys.
With prices at the lower end of the market now so much more affordable and increasingly stabilising, there is evidence that if first-time buyers have a deposit, there is enthusiasm to buy.
That said, with wider economic conditions still challenging, we don't expect to see any major shift in the market, with seasonality likely to remain the biggest influence on activity for the foreseeable.”
Tom McClelland, RICS Northern Ireland housing spokesman says:-
“The balance for transactions was +27 (this is the percentage of respondents saying the number of transactions rose, minus the percentage saying the number fell). The balance for transaction expectations was +42.
The March survey’s net balance for prices was -52 (52% of respondents saying that prices fell in the last three months and 48% saying they were unchanged). The balance for price expectations was -25.”
The position with regard to sales at auction is however somewhat stronger. Auction rooms are thriving as a growing number of properties go under the hammer. The latest figures from the Essential Information Group, an auction data specialist, show that the number of lots sold has risen in each month.
EIG have reported an exceptionally strong set of results for March and the rolling quarterly and yearly periods and that there have been marked improvements in the auction market over the last 4 years.
The percentage of lots sold was up by 12.2 % over the rolling year and the number of lots sold in this year was the highest was the highest in a yearly period since 2007/2008.
Residential sales raised over £500 in the first quarter of 2012 which is an increase of 14.7% on the first quarter of 2011.
The positive series of Auction results observed throughout the first quarter of 2012 indicates a stabilised market with growing confidence and optimism found amongst buyers and sellers alike.